In this post, we summarize the press publications that the media, newspaper, radio, tv and online journalist have kindly dedicated to the humanitarian work that Manolo Betancur and his friends and donors have done in Ukraine during the week of November 1-6, 2022.
Featured on Media in English:
- WFAE 90.7 Charlotte´s NPR News Source / In Ukraine, a Charlotte baker finds hope by breaking bread Link
- WCCB CW TV Charlotte Baker Helping To Feed Families In Ukraine. Link
- NPR WFAE 90.7 A Latino bakery owner wants to keep people fed in Ukraine. Link
- WSOCTV 9 Charlotte baker helps over 20 bakeries in Ukraine feed survivors. Link
Featured on Media in Spanish:
- EL PAIS Video | El panadero colombiano que pelea contra el hambre en Ucrania Link
- W Radio: Un colombiano es el ángel de los panaderos en Ucrania Link
- Periódico El Tiempo: El colombiano que libra una batalla en Ucrania a punta de pan Link
- La Noticia: Panadero de Charlotte, comparte esperanza y pan entre la guerra de Ucrania Link Post & Link to Video
- Msm.com El colombiano que libra una batalla en Ucrania a punta de pan Link.
- WRadio.com.co Panadero colombiano viajó a Kiev para donatón de pan. Link
Why it matters:
Manolo has helped rebuild 2 Ovens destroyed by Russian troops and to buy a van for the Bucha bakers to deliver bread.
He went to deliver his second donation to Ukrainian bakers who continue to make bread every day in their communities, with the risks of war.
In two trips, $20,000 in direct donations and in indirect contributions: USD 1 million. See: https://manolobetancur.com/with-your-donations-we-help-built-this-wonderful-oven-in-ukraine/
He has been in Bucha an kyiv for the week of November 1-6 and will pass through Kyiv, Ukraine, before returning to North Carolina.
If you feed the stomach, you feed the spirit says Manolo.
The We Care Initiative is an excellent story because all the money he has raised at his bakery in Charlotte, North Carolina, is the seed of an action that will continue around the world, helping bakers and their communities.
Staff Manolo Betancur
Leave a Reply